Microsoft launches digital skills programme, aims at skilling 25 million people globally – The company will offer free access to content in LinkedIn, Microsoft Learn, and the GitHub Learning Lab, and couples these with Microsoft Certifications and LinkedIn job-seeking tools.
Intel to invest Rs 1894.5 crore in Jio Platforms
- Ad spend on Instagram Stories rises nearly 70% YoY
- Social media engagement and analytics a top priority for organisations in 2020
- Microsoft has introduced a new platform security technology Called Kernel Data Protection (KDP) to prevent data corruption techniques being adopted by cybe criminals to target system security policy and tamper with with data structures on Windows 10 devices.
- “Microsoft’s PWABuilder and Google’s Bubblewrap are now working together to help developers publish PWAs in the Google Play Store.” Microsoft Worked with Google to Bring PWAs to the Play Store
- YouTube is finally letting creators know exactly how they’re making money on YouTube, using a metric called RPM that shows total revenue, after YouTube’s cut
- Digital Transformation Finally Has A Sense Of Urgency Covid-19 meant that many businesses had to run remotely. Again, survival instinct kicked in, and leadership realized that they had to start spending on these tech systems. It accelerates the outcome.
- Combined market cap of Apple, Facebook, Alphabet, and Amazon is ~$5T, their combined 2019 revenue was ~$773B, and they have a combined cash reserve of ~$420B
- Google will extend its work from home policy until at least July 2021, affecting almost 200,000 full-time and contract employees
- India is examining an additional 275 Chinese apps, including PubG, AliExpress, and Resso, for a potential ban citing national security and user privacy
- Instagram offering money to TikTok’s most popular creators to use Reels.