In 2020, companies in the U.S. will spend $80 billion on search engine optimization (SEO) marketing, but why?
- To get organic search traffic
- Google properties account for more than 90% of search
- Google’s share of the search market in the United States at 88.37%, followed by Bing at 6.07%. Yahoo – 3.94%, DuckDuckGo
1.28% and Ecosia 0.13% market share
- Many algorithm updates for relevancy and quality of result
- SEO is complex because On-page & Off-Page strategy requires special skills and Stage wise implementation. It requires short term and long term strategy.
- Three ways of getting it done: In-house, outsourced and hybrid
- Optimization for Mobile
- Optimization for voice (smart speakers)
- To rank well on Local search, Location searches, Best and nearby me related searches companies need to implement special optimization techniques.
- Google competing directly with publishers
- User experience of your website needs optimization when you want to rank well in Google.
- Keyword research & business understanding: Getting keywords for home and internal pages according to your business requirement that can drive relevant traffic is the key of your SEO marketing success.